- THE SYNERGY REFLEXOLOGY PROJECT -
Since qualifying as a Level 5 reflexologist in 2015 I have attended additional courses to learn new techniques and study further ways to support my clients.
There are a number of different areas reflexologists can be drawn to when it comes to further study – my focus area has been pain management. I have studied Limbic Reflexology and Adapted Reflextherapy.
Adapted Reflextherapy is a type of reflexology that may be able to help reduce the symptoms of back/neck pain, particularly caused by whiplash-associated disorders (WAD). Limbic Reflexology is a reflexology based technique that focuses just on the limbic system. This technique may be able to reduce the symptoms of chronic pain conditions such as Fibromyalgia.
The Synergy Reflexology Project is going to focus on these two different techniques – Limbic Reflexology and Adapted Reflextherapy. Adapted Reflex Therapy is the first strand of the project being launched. The Limbic Reflexology strand will follow within the following months.
Strand 1 - Adapted Reflextherapy
Adapted Reflextherapy is a reflexology based technique developed by Gunnel Berry, a physiotherapist who has practiced both in the NHS and privately. The Adapted Reflextherapy techniques have been developed through Gunnel’s physiotherapy knowledge and experience, gained when treating clients experiencing both acute and chronic back pain including Whiplash Associated Disorders. Gunnel Berry has documented how her techniques can help reduce back pain in individuals that suffer from acute and chronic back / neck pain.
I have used Adapted Reflextherapy in my practice for nearly 2 years and have had some very positive results. What I would like to do now is expand my interest in how use of this technique can help my clients. This is where the Synergy Reflexology Project comes in!
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING
Who Can Attend?
- Anyone who is experiencing chronic or acute back / neck pain and who have received a formal diagnosis from a healthcare professional such as their GP.
- This treatment is NOT suitable for anyone who has had an organ transplant.
- If you have a herniated disc (slipped disc), this treatment may not reduce the pain you are experiencing due to the cause being a physical one, however, you are more than welcome to attend as this technique can help in some cases.
- If you have epilepsy, in some cases this treatment method may not be suitable for you – please call for a confidential, informal chat to discuss before making an appointment.
- If you are pregnant, please contact Synergy Reflexology for an informal, confidential chat before making a booking.
- You should be willing to commit to at least 1-2 further,20 minute treatments.
The Synergy Reflexology Project is being run initially for a 3-month trial. All sessions are by prior appointment only. Synergy Reflexology reserves the right to charge the full standard rate (£39.00) for a treatment if an appointment is made for any other condition other than back /neck pain.
At your first session
Your first session will be 45 minutes long. In this session, you will complete a confidential health and lifestyle questionnaire and a pain questionnaire. You will receive your first treatment and a treatment plan will be proposed. A treatment plan can include anything from 1 – 6 further sessions however this depends on the individual. Follow up sessions will be 20 minutes long. There is no formal charge for this initial session however there is a suggested donation of £10.00 to help go towards the projects costs.
Follow up sessions
Follow up sessions (if required) last 20 minutes. Each session will begin with you completing a further pain questionnaire so I can keep track of your progress. Again, there is no formal charge for these sessions however there is a suggested donation of £10.00 to help cover the projects costs.
Answers to the questionnaires will be used to chart your progress and, with your permission a summary of your progress can be sent to your GP.
PLEASE NOTE, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT ADAPTED REFLEXTHERAPY CAN HELP REDUCE SYMPTOMS OF BACK / NECK PAIN. EVERY PERSON IS DIFFERENT AND WHAT WORKS FOR ONE INDIVIDUAL MAY NOT WORK AS WELL FOR ANOTHER.
Thank you for your help